Happy Avocado Day!
In honor of Avocado Day, we made our own guacamole! Here’s a quick recipe so you make some for your family. As a special treat have the kids help with tasks that don’t require the use of sharp objects.
We found this guac to be surprisingly quick and easy to make, and we hope you enjoy!
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 pinches of garlic salt
- Cut both avocados in half, make sure to remove the pit with a knife. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado from the skin and put it in the bowl. Now discard the avocado skin and pit. Gently mash them around with a fork until a chunky texture has been achieved. Make sure the avocado is still chunky, and not creamy.
- Cut and dice the tomatoes and add it to the avocado mixture.
- Chop up the garlic cloves (we love garlic over at KCC) and the cilantro into small pieces and toss it in with the avocado and tomato.
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice and the garlic salt (we really love garlic here).
- Gently mix all of the ingredients together until everything is evenly blended.
Now you can enjoy this perfect little appetizer!