We are seeking dynamic Human Resources Interns to reach out to and actively engage with potential applicants. The HR intern will be exposed to all of the functions of a human resources department. The position coincides with a goal of integrating skills acquired through University classroom lessons and hands-on experience in the workplace.
Major projects may include: updating and posting job descriptions, applicant tracking, employee recognition, recruiting prospective employees, and assisting in scheduling and conducting interviews.
As respected members of the Administrative team, interns participate in weekly planning meetings and are expected to complete tasks and projects in their respective fields of study.
A minimum of 15 hours per week is required. College credits are provided in lieu of monetary compensation.
Responsibilities (Basic Function and Responsibilities including but not limited to):
- Assist Human Resources Team;
- Work closely with all departments especially those with positions to fill;
- Keep company activity calendar up-to-date;
- Track all applications/resumes as well as all employee paperwork;
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- 60 college credits;
- Studying or recent graduate (preferably in human resources or business related fields);
- Commitment to quality and strong organizational skills- Ability to work with a group and independently in fast paced environment;
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) and Google Docs;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and be detail oriented;
- Available occasional weekends for fairs and recruiting opportunities;
- Passionate about the importance of education in the community.