Let’s have some fun! The best way for your kids to have fun and be healthy is to create healthy treats! What’s better than Fruit Shish Kebabs!
Here are 6 easy steps to be fun and hearty this Valentine’s Day!
1-2 Packages of shish kebab sticks
1- Bag of seedless grapes
1- Container of Fresh Strawberries
1- Container of Fresh Blueberries (or any other berries of your choosing)
Let’s Make Shish Kebabs
- Wash all of the fruit.
- Cut and discard the strawberry tops.
- Cut the strawberries in half (vertically).
- Cut the strawberry again vertically into slices.
- Cut a “V” into the top of each strawberry. See below.
- Place the fruit on the shish kebabs. Start with the grapes, followed by the blueberries, then strawberries. Repeat at least once. Make sure you end with the blueberry so that it can cover the pointy end of the shish kebab stick.
Make sure you help younger kids with the sticks. If not properly supervised, they may be a hazard. If the children are very young, skip the sticks and make a fruit salad in small sample sized cups.
Take lots of pics and tag us on instagram @kidcareconcierge and we’ll repost your recreations.